Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Times are a changin', that's for damn sure.

Because of a friend's recent post, I have been inspired to write today all about myself.

A couple people have recently brought it to my atenntion that yes, I have changed. For the better or worse who fucking knows. All I know is I have outgrown a lot of things. I have come to be confident in who I am and who I want to surround myself with. I know now more than ever that I am the happiest I have ever been. Not to say things can't go up from here, but I realize now that everything in my life happened to affect me in one way or another.

Those damn surveys everyone posts and I actually do read sometimes, they always ask you for your 'greatest regret' in life. Well, what if I don't have one?? I sure as fuck can't think of anything more significant than, 'Man I wish I had bought oranges at the market this morning...' to call a great regret of mine.

People are so worried about having those awkward conversations with people they care about. Well I am not afraid of those conversations because they do one of two things, 1. make friendships stronger, and longer, or 2. they help friendships to wither peacefully. I used to get so sad about the friendships I have lost or that were't nurtured enough to keep alive. It's ok though. I will always treasure the love for eachother that we have, or had at one point. People do change. I like to think it's a good thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this post :)
"...they always ask you for your 'greatest regret' in life. Well, what if I don't have one?? I sure as fuck can't think of anything more significant than, 'Man I wish I had bought oranges at the market this morning...' to call a great regret of mine."
I thought that part was funny, hahaha! I think more people should think that way. But, yes, change is good.

4649 said...

i love this post too! :D

one of my closest friends told me that while it is sad that friendships come and go, it's just how things are. people will drift apart when their interests and goals change, and we shouldn't blame ourselves for it. people will walk in and out of our lives, we have temporary friends who we meet and make memories with, and then slowly lose contact with them.

but then there are the ones who go with us through all different stages and interests, the ones you know for a long time, share stories and secrets you never thought you'd tell another, and when the time comes to advance, you do it together; you keep a line attached to them, even if it's just blogging! :)