Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Some will make you larger, others make you small.


This weekend was a real blast! Friday I slept in all cozy in my bed. In the afternoon Emie and I went to Ballard (ick) and I made an appointment with Clark to get a tattoo (Nov. 13). This is what I'm going to get to the left:

That evening I got a call from Sam. He, Morgan and Sjors (couchsurfer from Amsterdam) had found a secret spot. I tried to get some people together but the only one who could make it was Bessie. But that was just fine by me! We picked up Morgan :/ and made our way to Discovery Park, jealous that Sam and Sjors were probably enjoying a beautiful sunset from the beachfront living room. By the time we got to the parking lot, darkness had covered us and the only source of light were the bright ass stars and moon. We found Sjors and Sam, made a food/beer run, and parked outside the park to make sure we didn't get locked in. After slipping and sliding down a sandy hill on my ass in a skirt and chucks, we entered our new secret space. After drinking beers and being fed marshmellows from Sjors's stick (lol), pushing Bessie on the rope swing, peeing on the beach, hot dog roasting, planning our sleeping patterns just in case we had to stay (boy-girl-boy-girl-boy), getting creeped out by mysterious noises, and so much more, we began the trek up the hill. Much harder than the trip down it! Every step up the soft-sanded hill and you would slide half a step back down again. The park was said to close at 11pm, we left the beach at 10:40pm, and made it to the parking lot at 11:30pm, JUST as the security guard was closing the gate on us! Halfway back to the car, we stopped to catch our breath, drink more beer, and watch the lit-up ferries float slowly across the Puget Sound. So beautiful. So perfect. There was no sound, nothing except the wind and an occasional coyote howl. Words really can't describe it. That was my Friday.

Saturday Sjors, Sam and I took all day getting ready for Matt's tea party at his house in North Seattle. Glueing rhinestones to my glasses, mixing and matching clothing, deciding on hosiery color combinations,smoking in the cool breeze of my apartment with all the windows open. We took the bus in a group of 10 or so and finally made it to the party. There were like 50 something people there circulating in and out throughout the night. Mikala came after work, such a hilarious girl. People tripping on acid in the backyard, toking in the basement, drinking mushroom tea and beer in the living room. I took my time drawing on the kitchen wall mural for a while. Good night all in all :)

Sunday I did nothing all day long.

No comments: